Welcome Library Liaisons
You are getting a sneak preview of our new library guides interface. This interface will be the basis for library guides created to help locate materials for specific subjects, classes or assignments.
In this particular guide we are posting outlines and background information relevant to our Winter 2010 meetings.
You can add your own comments! Look out for the "comments" link and add your own observations or suggestions.
1. Welcome and Remarks from Interim University Librarian Eric Owen
a. The search for the new University Librarian is underway. All members of the university are encouraged to attend open sessions. Please see the schedule posted on EMU Today.
b. The closing of Pray Harrold and other construction has put significant demands on library building space. We are accomodating extra needs of IT and other departments. Almost all the classrooms will be in use for scheduled classes. There will be little or no space for meetings or extra class sessions. Please plan accordingly.
c. The library auditorium will be repaired during the spring and summer terms. This will require digging down to the foundation directly below the entrance to the library building.
d. Discussion of the library department's program review and the budget.
2. Introduction to Libguides (Sara Memmott)
3. Academic Projects Center update and Student Learning Outcomes (Suzanne Gray)
4. Collection News (Bob Kelly)
5. Refworks Demo of new features and services (Keith Stanger)
6. Using videos for teaching poll and discussion (Paula Storm and Randal Baier)
7. Pre-asked Questions and discussion (Lisa Klopfer and others)