Annual Report to Shareholders
Look for the Annual Report to Shareholders on the company web site. It's often behind a link called Investor Relations or just Investors.
The Annual Report will provide basic financial figures and discussions of recent developments/possible future directions of the company.
Other Sources for Annual Reports
Old Annual Reports
You can sometimes find ARS for a few years back on the company web site; but they rarely have reports from the 1990's or earlier.
Old Annual Reports on MF at the EMU Library
The library has annual reports and SEC filings for U.S. companies (1978-1997) on microfiche. Use the Corporate Reports Index (grey volumes and black binder on top of MF cabinets) to look up the MF number.
EMU Library, 2nd Floor, Microforms area
You can also get info from annual reports in Moody's Manuals.
This index at the EMU Library can be used to figure out which manual the company is in:
Moody's Complete Corporate Index
REF HG 4905 .M798
EMU Library has the following Moody's Manuals in hard copy or on microfiche:
- Banking & Finance: 1928-1998 on MF, 1995-2001 in storage
- Industrial 1920-1996, 1998 on MF, 1997-2001 in storage
- International 1981-1996, 1998 on MF, 1996-1998 in storage
- Municipal & Government 1918-1998 on MF
- OTC Industrial 1982-1996, 1998 on MF, 1997-2000 in storage
- OTC Unlisted 1986-1996, 1998 on MF, 1997 in storage
- Public Utility 1914-1995 on MF, 1995-2001 in storage
- Transportation 1921-1996, 1998 on MF, 1997-2001 in storage
Storage copies can be requested via the EMU Library catalog and retrieved in <10 minutes.
MF copies are on the EMU Library 2nd floor in the microforms area.
Best Info Source for Companies on U.S. Exchanges
Other Sources of Public Company Financials
Some Published SWOT Analyses
More ways to research companies
This research guide provides more ways to research companies.
- Last Updated Oct 20, 2014
780 views this year