PaperPile is a Google Doc add-on. It can be used to look up and insert citations while you work in Google Docs. This page is dedicated to the free add-on for Google Docs, not the paid version of the web app.
To install the PaperPile Add-On in your Google Docs:
- Open your Google Drive and create a new Google Doc.
- Select the "Add-ons" tab from the menu.
- In the pop-up box, search "paperpile."
- Click the "+FREE" button located next to the PaperPile add-on.
- Read and accept the Privacy and Terms of Service.
To open and work in PaperPile
- Open a Google Doc
- Select "Add-Ons" from the top menu
- Select PaperPile --> Manage Citations