A guide to finding maps and cartographic information at EMU and on the web
Last Updated: May 2, 2013
What's in the Map Collection?
- Travel and Tourism collection - road maps, travel brochures, and visitor guides to sites in the United States and around the world. Find these in the filing cabinets in the Information Commons South. Official travel-related websites for nations, US states, and Michigan counties can be found in the Tourism Websites research guide
- Atlases - atlases of many types, including world, geographic, political, demographic, economic and marketing, historical, military, nature, and celestial atlases.
- Reference Collection atlases are for use only in the map room and are available during map library hours.
- A wide collection of other atlases are kept in the Information Commons South, are available during all library hours, and may be checked out at the circulation desk.
- Topographic maps - USGS topographic maps for Michigan and many other states
- Ocean surveys and coastal charts
- Government documents and publications - including CIA and defense mapping agencies
- Posters, calendars, and aerial photography (see Special Indexes for links)
- Free maps! Free tourist maps and brochures in the stand outside the door to the map room.
- Mon-Fri 8:00-12:00 & 1:00-4:00
- Sat-Sun closed
The Travel & Tourism collection and the non-reference atlases are accessible during all normal library hours