The PsycINFO database allows you to limit a search to studies that use a particular methodology.
1. Use the Advanced Search screen. Look below the search boxes for the Methodology menu:
2. Select the methodology you are interested in on the Methodology menu:
Note: if you select more than one methodology, your search will find research that uses either method.
3. Search: enter your search words in the search boxes and click the Search button.
4. Results will be shown on the Search Results screen. It will also show how you limited your search:
5. Click on an article title to go the Citation/Abstract screen. Read the abstract (summary) to learn more about the methods used in a study.
6. Methodology information is also listed in the Details section below the abstract. You may find studies that used multiple methods, such as in this example that lists both qualitative and quantitative methods:
1. The ERIC database allows you to limit a search to studies that are research based. This includes both qualitative and quantitative research studies. From the Advanced search screen in ERIC move down the screen to the DOCUMENT TYPE area
2. In the Document type box, scroll down until the number 143 Reports-Research appears. Select that box and that will limit your search to researched based articles