1. From the ebook page, use the table of contents links to choose the section/pages you want. This will display the pages in html format. To see the page as it appears in the print book, choose Book View.
2. To download PDF pages (which can be printed), first use the table of contents to choose the section you want, then choose download.
3. Gale ebooks don't have limits on simultaneous users, so you should never get a busy signal.
4. If you want to save the ebook as a favorite in your browser, save the Esearch record for the ebook.
5. If you have trouble logging in, the most common problems are:
a. You may need to set your browser to accept cookies.
b. If your EMU NetID password has expired, you may need to change your password.
6. You may be able to get immediate help using the ebook from Ask a Librarian chat.
If you are on campus, you don't need to login to access a Gale ebook. If if you are off campus, you will be asked to log in with your EMU NetID. If you aren't asked to log in, there may be an issue with the link you have to the book. In that case, try searching for the ebook in Esearch.
If you are asked to log in and your login doesn't work, you may need to update your NetID password (see Login Problems below).
To authenticate your browser needs to accept cookies. If you have trouble logging into the book, you may need to change browser settings to accept cookies.
This search finds only the online books in the EMU Library.
Permanent links provided in Esearch already include EZproxy information. Just select the Permanent Link next to the book title in the search results, and copy the URL:
To use library online resources and databases from home
Other access problems?
Not a current EMU Student?